*Please note that this top ten list restaurant offerings were accurate at the time they were written. Disney menus may change without notice and restaurants may be under refurbishment during your vacation. The recommendations in this top 10 list are my own opinion.
When it comes to touring and visiting Disney Word, sometimes you just don’t have time for a table service meal, and let’s be honest, sometimes you just want a sandwich and fries! While most Disney World quick service locations are well-equipped to handle special dietary requests, there are several on property that simply stand out for unique fare and excellent accommodations.
Here are the top 10 quick service restaurants at Disney World. Restaurants include park quick service locations and those at various Disney resorts.
10. ABC Commissary (Hollywood Studios): Located close to the Great Movie Ride, you’ll want to take a break from your glamorous day in the movies by stopping by this quick service location. They serve the allergy chicken tenders, along with gluten free pastas and more. They share a kitchen area with Sci-Fi Dine in, so there are some options that might not normally be available at a standard quick service location (extended waits may apply for food though). And, did you know they can make gluten free buffalo chicken sandwiches here? As they say in Hollywood, “That’s a wrap!”
9. Backlot Express (Hollywood Studios): This Hollywood Studios quick service is a bit of a hidden gem when it comes to special dietary accommodations. Sure, the fare is just mainly sandwiches and fries, but the level of attention and care with which the cast members handle your food is outstanding. (You could say they deserve an award for it!) Vegetarians and vegans have some options at this location, as well.
8. Pecos Bill Tale Tale Cafe (Magic Kingdom): When it comes to burgers and fries, no quick service restaurant does it better than Pecos Bill Tall Tale Cafe in the Magic Kingdom. Head there for a rootin’ tootin’ good time and a great meal. You can get french fries from a dedicated fryer and several sandwich choices. (*Note: as of May 2015, I am being told that there is only 1 gluten free sandwich option) Stay clear of the fixins’ bar — it’s a bit of a cross contamination nightmare; however, don’t let that deter you from asking the manager for your own fixins’. They’ll bring them to you from the back so you can enjoy your favorites without worry of getting sick.
7. Restaurantosaurus (Animal Kingdom): This is a great restaurant for the kiddos. With great atmosphere and fun food, how could you go wrong? Allergy chicken tenders are always on hand and they also carry special diets buns. Looking for something outrageous to try? Check out the crazy concoction of a hot dog on a gluten free bun with Amy’s gluten free mac & cheese! I hear it’s delicious!
6. Flame Tree BBQ (Animal Kingdom): A long time favorite in the Animal Kingdom, Flame Tree BBQ is well known for it’s ribs and chicken. And the great thing is that many of the offerings are gluten free & dairy free friendly. I highly recommend the pulled pork sandwich on a gluten free/dairy free bun with coleslaw. It’s perfect on a hot Florida summer day.
5. Landscape of Flavors (Art of Animation Resort): Landscape of Flavors has quickly become one of the most popular quick service locations on property. If you’re staying at this resort, you’ll have plenty of options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Craving allergy friendly waffles? They’ve got you covered with the most adorable Nemo & Cars shaped ones, made with a combination of Bob’s Red Mill & Namaste Foods pancake mixes. For dinner, check out some of the options from the Tandoor station or any number of the custom dishes available at this quick service.
4. Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory (Port Orleans French Quarter): I have one word for you…BEIGNETS. One of my favorite things at this location is the gluten free, dairy free, egg free, vegan beignets. These are available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and you’ll want to get them time and again when you dine here. And the rest of the offerings at this location are pretty great too. You can get most of the items on the menu gluten free and easily modified for other dietary needs as well. Check out the Po’Boys for a simply New Orleans inspired meal.
3. Mara (Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House): If you want a unique quick service meal that is special diets friendly, then you need to head to the Mara at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. Not only can you get traditional offerings (like burgers, fries, and allergy chicken tenders), but you can also enjoy unique offerings at every meal during the day. The restaurant shares its kitchen with Boma: Flavors of Africa, and the chefs here go above and beyond to make safe and delicious meals full of Afritude!
2. Columbia Harbour House (Magic Kingdom): When it comes to special diets, Columbia Harbour House is one of the best. From their special diets menus, which guests are given upon arrival, to the non-traditional offerings, Columbia Harbour House proves itself time and again as an excellent quick service spot to dine. When it comes to allergy chicken tenders, Columbia Harbour House has the absolute best on property!
1. Sunshine Seasons (Epcot): When it comes to quick service, my hands down favorite spot on property is Sunshine Seasons. Not only do you get to chat with chefs instead of managers, but you also get a ton of different (and healthful) options. The grill station is entirely gluten free which means grilled fish, pork chops, and chicken are all safe options. Looking for pasta or other types of options? No problem! Just let the chefs knows and they’ll build you a delicious and seasonal meal. Now that’s Living with the Land!
What are your favorite quick service locations on property? Did I miss one of your favorites?