There’s no doubt that love is in the air at Disney World, no matter what time of year it is. With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, it seems only natural to write a list of top 10 Disney World restaurants for romantic meals.
Whether you’re looking for something simple to commemorate a special occasion or something extravagant, Disney offers an array of romantic restaurants to cater to all tastes and budgets. With this list, you’ll be transported to old Hollywood and whisked away to one of the most decadent restaurants in the world! And the best part about each of these? Every single one of them has fantastic offerings for guests who have a special diet. So break out the bubbly, and let the romance begin!
10. Restaurant Marrakesh (Table Service): If you’re looking for an intimate, quiet, and exotic restaurant, look no further than Restaurant Marrakesh located in the Morocco Pavilion in the World Showcase at Epcot. This location is rarely full and has tiny corners to tuck away in. Add in some belly dancers and authentic Moroccan music and you’ve got a…dare I say…sexy restaurant experience. And the food here is equally exotic. Share the Moroccan Salad Sampler which is gluten free, dairy free, and vegetarian friendly or sip on some Moroccan Mint Tea. This is a great date night restaurant!
9. Be Our Guest (Table Service): What is more romantic than dining in a castle? Located in the Magic Kingdom’s New Fantasyland, Be Our Guest Restaurant oozes romance and sophistication with the elegant Ballroom which has a domed ceiling, twinkling chandeliers and glimpses of softly falling snow outside. And the French cuisine is sure to delight. If you’re gluten free, you’ll be treated to delicious gluten free cream puffs with a lemon filling (it’s also sugar free), and the French Onion Soup is a hidden gem. Not only is it gluten free but it’s also vegan & vegetarian friendly (minus the cheese and crouton). This is the only location in the Magic Kingdom that serves alcohol, so take the opportunity to order a glass of wine from their extensive wine list.
8. Sanaa (Table Service): What could be more unique than dining on the African Savannah? Sanaa is a hidden gem and a truly wonderful spot for a romantic meal. With tons of two-top tables near the windows, you’ll want to cozy up and grab a view of the giraffes, zebras, and other amazing animals at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village. This restaurant is best enjoyed before it gets dark, so you get full view of the animals while you enjoy your romantic meal. And the food is exotic and decadent. Couples should share the Bread Service which offers lentil pappadums for gluten free & dairy free diners and offers an array of safe dips. It’s fun to try different things, and this restaurant will totally tempt your taste buds. Look for hot and spicy dishes to complete your visit to this location.
7. Jiko (Table Service): If you’re looking for more upscale African inspired fare, head to Jiko, located at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House. You won’t get any views of the Savannah, but what this restaurant misses in views it makes up in atmosphere. The lighting in this restaurant continually changes to reflect the African sunset. It’s chic, contemporary and fantastic for a special occasion. Looking for wines? They have one of the largest collections of South African Wines in the U.S. Special diets diners are also offered menus for their specific dietary needs along with a visit from the chef.
6. Brown Derby (Table Service): Talk about old Hollywood glamour! Gussy up in your finest vintage duds and sashay over to the Brown Derby, located in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. This is the perfect romantic signature restaurant in a theme park. You’ll feel like you’ve been transported back in time. From the classic architecture, to the dapper waitstaff, you’ll want to sit and enjoy cocktails and a meal at this restaurant. The Brown Derby is known for its Cobb Salad served table side (which can be made gluten free & dairy free), but you won’t want run out of options to choose from as a special diets diner. And note, they have a special pastry department that can make special dietary desserts with advance notice. That’s the perfect ending to a perfect restaurant.
5. Narcoossee’s (Table Service): The Grand Floridian Resort & Spa has some of the best romantic restaurants on Disney property – two of them made this list! Set on the Seven Seas Lagoon, it just can’t get anymore romantic than Narcoossee’s. With seasonal offerings and an impressive view, this is one of my favorite locations for a special occasion. The food is decadent and rich (though pricey). Seafood and steak are the signature dishes at this restaurant, and the quality of food is impressive.
4. Artist Point (Table Service): Nestled in the back of the Wilderness Lodge, Artist Point is truly one of my favorite locations for a romantic meal. With an arts & crafts movement feel, you’ll swear you were transported to the Pacific Northwest. For a truly romantic meal, head to the Territory Lounge (just outside of Artist Point) for a pre-dinner drink. The food here is decidedly Pacific Northwest inspired with salmon, scallops, and buffalo. There are many special diets offerings here, and their dishes are outstanding. My current favorite is the Wild Caught Jumbo Prawn and Crab “Hot-Pot” which is out of this world. Make sure to enjoy some wine with your dinner and savor the meal with your special someone!
3. Yachstman Steakhouse (Table Service): If you’re looking for a steakhouse on property, you simply must head to Yachtsman Steakhouse, located in Disney’s Yacht Club. It’s a very upscale and totally romantic location with outstanding offerings for special diets diners. From the Shrimp Cocktail to Prime Rib, this location is classic all the way. After your decadent meal, stroll along the Boardwalk resort area for an extra romantic end to the meal (and a great way to burn off a few of the calories after a rich meal).
2. California Grill (Table Service): If there’s one restaurant on property that I would recommend for a romantic meal, it’s California Grill. With stunning views of the Magic Kingdom and a gorgeous roof-top overlook, it is the most decadent and exclusive of restaurants on property. Located high atop Disney’s Contemporary, you’ll want to soak in the atmosphere and savor the exquisite cuisine. With a recent makeover, the restaurant has become even more sleek and modern. Enjoy house made sushi (which has special diets options and even a special diets sushi menu) or one of the artistically presented dishes. Whether it’s a proposal, a Valentine’s Day dinner or an anniversary, it’s hard to beat California Grill for food and atmosphere.
1. Victoria & Albert’s (Table Service): The number one spot is the most exclusive and expensive location on Disney property, but in the romance department, it can’t be beat. Victoria & Albert’s in Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa has long been touted as the most romantic restaurant on Disney property, and it’s well-known as a spot to “pop the question.” Romantics young and old clamor to this AAA-Five Diamond restaurant. Known for its haute cuisine, this location is a tux and ballgown kind of place with ambiance that’s unparalleled. The meal is prix fixe and starts around $125 per person (with add-ons), but chefs can literally custom dishes for those guests with special diets. And for such a romantic and exclusive experience you wouldn’t expect anything less than magical!
So there you have it, the top 10 Disney World restaurants for romantic meals with a special diet. One thing I know for sure, you’re bound to say “That’s amore” to all of these romantic locations!
Did I miss any of your favorites? What are your must do restaurants for a romantic meal?