*Please note that this top ten list restaurant offerings were accurate at the time they were written. Disney menus may change without notice and restaurants may be under refurbishment during your vacation. The recommendations in this top 10 list are my own opinion.
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. And you know that I could agree more. Brunch and breakfast are my two favorite meals of the day, especially at Disney World. There’s something really comforting about hot coffee or tea and standard breakfast offerings. One of my favorite things on Disney property are the allergy friendly Mickey waffles. Made from either Bob’s Red Mill Pancake Mix or Namaste Foods Pancake and Waffle Mix, they are a gluten free and dairy free delight that I simply can’t get enough of.
Many people ask me what my favorite breakfast spots at Disney World are, and you know that’s hard to narrow down. There are so many amazing places for breakfast and brunch that it’s hard to choose. But there are some stand-outs, and here are some of them. This list was compiled by using feedback from you, the readers, and include quick service and table service options. So be prepared to get your cup of Joe on at these top 10 Disney World restaurants for breakfast and brunch!
10. Crystal Palace (Table Service—Buffet): Located in Disney’s Magic Kingdom, you won’t want to miss a chance to hang out with Winnie the Pooh and his friends for a perfectly magical breakfast buffet in the Magic Kingdom. Though the breakfast offerings include standard fare, there’s something exciting about having breakfast in the Magic Kingdom. Chefs here will prepare food for you in a dedicated area of the kitchen, and if you are there around brunch/lunch time, ask if they are serving their allergy friendly house made brownie. Made with Bob’s Red Mill Brownie Mix, it’s a decadent morning treat. And who doesn’t want a brownie for breakfast on vacation?!
9. Landscape of Flavors (Quick Service): Located in Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, this is my favorite Value Resort breakfast spot. Like many locations on property, they serve allergy friendly waffles, except instead of our favorite character Mickey, they are shaped like Nemo and Cars! Talk about adorable! At the time this article was written, they were made using a combination of Namaste Foods Pancake Mix & Bob’s Red Mill Pancake Mix. This location also offers turkey bacon (which is very good). Custom omelets are also on the menu here. Depending on your special dietary need, you can also get some unique dishes too.
8. Ohana (Table Service – Family Style): Ohana means family, and that’s the name of the game at this breakfast spot located at Disney’s Polynesian Resort. Family style offerings brought right to your table all while you hang out with your Lilo & Stitch and friends! As a gluten free & dairy free diner, buffets can be really intimidating, but having an all-you-care-to-eat family style location makes it worry free. The chef will bring you out your own platters which include fruit, scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, breakfast meats, and delicious allergy friendly Mickey waffles. These waffles are some of the best on property! Don’t forget to enjoy their signature juice which is a blend of passion fruit, orange and guava. Mahalo!
7. Cape May Cafe (Table Service – Buffet): Buffets might seem scary, but Cape May Cafe is one that is totally approachable and easy for a gluten free & dairy free diner. Located in Disney’s Beach Club Resort, this seaside inspired character breakfast includes Donald, Goofy, and Minnie in their beach attire. Chefs will take you through the buffet to discuss safe options and prepare items for you in a safe area of the kitchen. And bonus, this location also serves up Babycakes NYC treats. Donuts anyone?
6. The Mara (Quick Service): There’s no doubt that the Mara at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge is a touch on the wild side, and they have a breakfast that proves that their unique offerings are some of the best on property. Whether you’re enjoying a traditional breakfast like the Bounty Platter to the more adventurous African Inspired Breakfast Platter which includes safe items like pap (a bit like grits), chakalaka (stewed tomatoes) and grilled tomatoes, you’ll be in pure bliss. This location also serves up one of my favorite variations on breakfast potatoes with a unique seasoning on them. And yes, you can get your allergy Mickey waffle fix here too!
5. Tusker House (Table Service – Buffet): Speaking of unique experiences, Tusker House located in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, offers breakfast fare with an African inspired twist. Donald’s Safari Breakfast is pretty awesome. Chefs will make all sorts of great creations in their kitchen for you, and even though it’s Donald’s breakfast, Mickey waffles are always on the table! Many of your favorite muffins, donuts, and pastries from gluten free vendors like Kinnikinnick make an appearance here too.
4. Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory (Quick Service): I have one word for you: BEIGNETS. Yes, that’s right beignets. Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory, located in Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter Resort, offer these gluten free, dairy free, egg free and vegan gems for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. But let’s face it. Beignets with a cup of café au lait for breakfast is a New Orleans tradition you’ll want to recreate at POFQ. In additions to these deep fried and powdered sugar covered beauties, you can also enjoy a variety of standard breakfast offerings. They make a perfect side order to the beignets. For Moderate Resorts, this is the quick service to go to for breakfast.
3. Boma (Table Service – Buffet): If there is one breakfast buffet I could pick throughout Disney World, it would be Boma. Located at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, this breakfast spot is my hands down favorite. Not only is the food delicious and unique but the chefs are exceptional when it comes to handling special dietary needs. Get the custom omelets (made in the back for you), grilled asparagus (my favorite), pap, chakalaka, grilled tomatoes, ham, breakfast potatoes and more. And their fruit offerings are terrific. Add to this bevy of food options allergy Mickey waffles and donuts, muffins, and more! Well, that’s a buffet fit for a queen or king of the jungle!
2. Kona (Table Service): There are a few breakfast entrée choices on property that are such staples in my breakfast rotation that I just can’t help myself from ordering them. The Big Kahuna at Kona Café located in Disney’s Polynesian Resort is one of those dishes. Order it with allergy friendly Mickey waffles instead of pancakes and French Toast and you’re looking at one of the heartiest entrees on property. Fun fact: Did you know that Kona Café and Ohana share dedicated waffle makers for the allergy friendly Mickey waffles? No wonder they are outstanding at both places! Don’t forget to get some Lilikoi Juice while you’re there too!
1. Kouzzina (Table Service): NO LONGER OPEN. However, Trattoria al Forno (it’s replacement) is equally delicious for breakfast! Stay tuned for an update on this post. If I had to pick one breakfast spot at Disney World, there’s no doubt in my mind that I would pick Kouzzina located at Disney’s Boardwalk. And you all agreed with me – it was a hands down winner for all of you. Cat Cora’s Greek/Mediterranean inspired fare really offers a unique way to enjoy breakfast. And they have the best allergy Mickey waffles on property. Crispy and crunchy and totally amazing. Looking for something more savory? Check out the Turkey Sweet Potato Hash with poached eggs and Udi’s Gluten Free toast. Slather on some Earth Balance vegan margarine, and you have one outstanding meal. Their eggs are made with high quality extra virgin olive oil and the taste in any egg dish for breakfast is beyond compare! This restaurant, to me, is a hidden gem, and if I were asked to recommend one breakfast place at Disney Word, this is it. Hands down!
So there’s my top 10 Disney World restaurants for breakfast and brunch. For a complete list of allergy friendly Mickey waffles, you can find that list here on the site.
What are your favorite breakfast spots at Disney World? Did I miss yours?