Blue Bayou at Disneyland (as of 4/2019) – This menu covers the top 8 common allergens (gluten/wheat, milk/dairy, egg, soy, peanut, tree nut, fish and shellfish). Check with the restaurant for modifications and/or other special dietary needs.
*This information was released by Disneyland in March 2014.
Do you visit Disneyland? Guests visiting Disneyland with special diets are able to find lots of options when touring the parks and resorts. If you’re vegan and vegetarian, your touring plans just got a little tastier. Here are a listing of options available at Disneyland Resort (but by no means is completely comprehensive). Use this as a jumping point for your next visit to the House of the Mouse in California!
Disneyland Park: This is an iconic Disney location, and you better believe you’ll find tons of vegetarian and vegan options in the park.
Plaza Inn on Main Street, U.S.A.:
- Vegan: Golden hash browns; Mickey waffles
- Vegetarian: apple-granola pancakes; huevos rancheros (corn tortilla, poached eggs, jack cheese and fire-roasted salsa with avocado-black bean pico de gallo)
- Vegan: Chef’s Vegan Burger
Royal Street Veranda in New Orleans Square
- Vegan: vegetarian gumbo served in a sourdough bread boule
Harbour Galley in Critter Country
- Vegetarian: broccoli cheese soup in a sourdough bread boule
- Vegetarian: corn chowder with roasted corn and black-eyed pea maque choux in a sourdough bread boule
- Vegan: “N’awlins” salad without pecans (lettuce, julienned yams, granny smith apples, lentils and tart cherries with a sweet citrus vinaigrette); vegetable jambalaya
Blue Bayou Restaurant in New Orleans Square
- Vegan: Portobello mushroom and couscous maque choux (marinated in a balsamic vinaigrette with roasted corn and bell pepper couscous and sautéed spinach)
Cafe Orleans in New Orleans Square
- Vegetarian: three-cheese Monte Cristo, veggie crepe
- Vegan: vegetable ragout without cheese, Crescent City Salad without meat and cheese
Village Haus Restaurant in Fantasyland
- Vegetarian: garden vegetable burger
Edelweiss Snacks in Fantasyland
- Vegetarian: chile lime corn on the cob
Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue in Frontierland
- Vegetarian: vegetable tofu skewer
Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante in Frontierland
- Vegetarian: soft flour tacos filled with onion, red and green bell pepper, yellow squash, zucchini, carrots and cheese; vegetable burrito; enchiladas filled with cheddar cheese, cilantro and red onions
- Vegan: All vegetarian items can be made vegan except enchiladas.
Hungry Bear Restaurant in Critter Country
- Vegetarian: fried green tomato sandwich (cornmeal-crusted fried green tomatoes with fresh heirloom tomatoes, Havarti cheese, remoulade and jicama-mango slaw on a multi-grain roll); watermelon salad
Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port in Tomorrowland
- Vegetarian: cheese pizza, vegetable pizza
- Vegan: tomato-basil pasta without cheese, spaghetti with “Mars-inara” sauce without cheese
California Adventure Park: Get ready to get your vegetarian and vegan meals on with casual snacks like nachos (who doesn’t love a nacho?!) and upscale entrees from places like Carthay Circle.
Flo’s V-8 Cafe in Cars Land:
- Vegetarian: Veggie Tater Bake (roasted vegetables, bulgur wheat, soy crumbles and smashed red potatoes with cheddar cheese)
Paradise Garden Grill on Paradise Pier
- Vegetarian: vegetable and tofu skewer with Moroccan chili sauce, chimichurri or tzatziki
Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta on Paradise Pier
- Vegetarian: pesto ravioli, Portobello mushroom and spinach flatbread pizza
- Vegan: Boardwalk field greens without pecans or blue cheese (fresh greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, Craisins Dried Cranberries, golden raisins and basil vinaigrette)
Cove Bar on Paradise Pier
- Vegetarian: nachos with black beans, pico de gallo, serrano peppers, cilantro, chipotle cream and jack and cheddar cheeses; spinach and artichoke dip
Ariel’s Grotto on Paradise Pier
- Vegetarian: fire-roasted corn cakes with sautéed spinach, onions and shiitake mushrooms
Wine Country Trattoria near Pacific Wharf
- Vegetarian: Tuscan salad without shrimp or chicken (romaine and radicchio, red and yellow grape tomatoes, celery, green beans, cannellini beans and roasted peppers tossed in creamy Italian dressing); roasted vegetable Panini (zucchini, eggplant, red peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and lemon-goat cheese spread on multigrain bread); Quattro Pomodoro Pasta; Broccolini Aglio Olio; vegetarian panini; roasted vegetable bruschetta
Carthay Circle Restaurant on Buena Vista Street
- Vegetarian: grilled eggplant sandwich with sautéed artichoke, tomatoes, garlic and melted reserve cheeses on rustic country bread; squash ravioli
- Vegan: vegan pasta or vegan tower featuring seasonal produce, customized for each guest
- Vegetarian: Portobello mushroom Philly (grilled Portobello mushrooms, onion and bell peppers sautéed in hefeweizen beer and topped with pepper jack)
Resorts: Don’t let yourself be limited by the parks when it comes to tasty vegetarian and vegan fare. Disney hotels have some pretty tasty selections too:
At Disneyland Hotel:
- Vegetarian: wedge salad with vine-ripened tomato and gorgonzola dressing
- Vegan: baked potato, broccoli with roasted garlic, sautéed spinach, sautéed mushrooms with Madeira sauce
- Vegetarian: grilled cinnamon-spiced oatmeal cakes; egg white, vegetable and tofu bake with spinach, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and cheese topped with a mushroom-tomato vinaigrette
At Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
- Vegetarian: California omelet (egg whites with diced plum tomatoes, fresh basil and baby spinach); banana-stuffed french toast
- Vegan: vegan omelet (thick layer of hash browns with mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach and bell peppers)
At Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel
Disney’s PCH Grill
- Vegetarian: Santa Monica Flatbread; roasted red pepper hummus; Muir Woods Roasted Pepper and Mushroom Pasta
Of course, these are just some of the many offerings available to vegetarians and vegans at Disneyland. Always check with the restaurant for the latest offerings.
Have you been to Disneyland as a vegetarian or vegan diner? What were your favorite meals?