There’s something special about stuffing, especially when you have a special dietary need. And, getting a gluten free and dairy free stuffing in a restaurant is pretty rare. That’s why the stuffing at Liberty Tree Tavern is so special. Liberty Tree Tavern offers special diets guests a stuffing that is gluten free, dairy free, egg free, peanut & tree nut free, fish & shellfish free, and soy free. How amazing is that?! You can recreate this stuffing at home, thanks to this recipe provided courtesy of the chefs at Liberty Tree Tavern.
In this recipe, I used Bread SRSLY gluten free & dairy free sourdough bread. If you’re interested in this, definitely check out their website! Plus, you can even make homemade Tonga Toast using their bread too! Of course, you can use any special diets bread you like, but this one is my favorite.
You can see me walk through this recipe step-by-step in my YouTube video below.
- 8 ounces – Gluten Free & Dairy Free bread (I prefer using Bread SRSLY gluten free & dairy free sourdough)
- 1/3 cup – Olive / Canola Oil Blend
- 2 Cups – Diced White Onions
- 2 Cups – Diced Celery
- 2 Tablespoons – Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon – Chopped Fresh Sage
- 2 Cups – Turkey Stock (or other stock if you prefer – both chicken and vegetable stock will work well)
- 3 Tablespoons – Corn Starch
- Salt as needed
- Dice the bread into medium chunks and toast in the oven.
- Heat a saute pan and add the oil, then add the vegetables and stir until cooked. Next, add the toasted bread and mix with the vegetables.
- Pour in the turkey stock and stir the mixture of bread, vegetables, and stock until thoroughly mixed. Once all the ingredients are incorporated, add the sage and other seasonings.
- Add in corn starch dry and mix thoroughly.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-45 minutes or until the top of the stuffing is golden brown.