The Wave at Disney’s Contemporary Resort is home to one of my favorite breakfast items, the gluten free and dairy free sweet potato pancakes. They make the perfect special dietary needs breakfast when you’re gearing up for a busy day in the Disney Parks.
You can see me walk through this recipe step-by-step in my YouTube video below.
2 1/4 cups gluten free pancake & waffle mix (I used Namaste Pancake & Waffle Mix)
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk (or non-dairy milk alternative)
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup cooked, mashed sweet potato (from about 1 small sweet potato)
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. This includes gluten free pancake & waffle mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Combine milk, brown sugar, sweet potato, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Whisk until well blended.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or skillet over medium-low heat until a few drops of water sizzle on the surface. If using electric skillet, preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto skillet. Cook on first side until tops bubble and sides look dry. Flip and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes more.
- Place cooked pancakes on a baking sheet and place in preheated (250 degrees F) oven to keep warm.
- Repeat process with remaining batter.
- Serve with toasted pecans, butter (or non-dairy alternative) and warm pure maple syrup.
Recipe adapted from original recipe posted on Oh My Disney.